Thursday, April 4, 2013

Delayed Beautification: Two Online Nail Sign-ups

I work online, I am new in my town, and there have only been a couple of days so far this spring that it's been nice enough to just go play outside. (Today will be one of them, though!) The result is that I spend a lot of time on the internet. A lot.

Besides being terrible for carpal tunnel syndrome and other parts of my body, being a connectivity junkie has its perks: not only have I gotten way better at Words with Friends, I have also learned about some up-and-coming nail ventures available to consumers on the web. Without further ado, here they are!

I'm not sure I'll ever be skilled enough to freehand like this.
(Image from the Scratch website.)

Scratch
This LA-based company is seeking to combine the trend of nail wraps with actually trendy patterns and nail art, instead of the floral, boring, and/or leopard print patterns currently common to nail wraps. Their Kickstarter campaign has already raised more than four times its goal, with nearly three weeks left to go. Donate and you can try out one (or more) of their nail wraps as a thank-you gift.


Check your mailbox: You've got nails!
(Image from the Laquerous website.)

Laquerous
A subscription-based service, not unlike Netflix, that sends you nail polish in the mail for you to use and return. This is perfect for those who are indecisive about nail color, want to have the feel of expensive polish without the high per-bottle price tag, or want to try before they splurge on expensive polish. I requested a membership a little while ago and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm hoping to get the chance to try out this service soon. (Also I'm a little in awe that they're starting a business based on sending nail polish through the mail, since normally the USPS is not down with that.)

There will be lots of new things to try this spring! Not only have I just found my nail polish collection (which was packed away in a box for the last six months), but I am already behind on trying out the new polishes I picked up last week, so I'd better get going before Scratch and Laquerous put their products in the mail to me!

Any nail news around the interwebs that I've missed? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment