Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Sparkles

So I've been really busy with cleaning and moving into my new house - and tons of other activities: translating and editing, planning my summer, etc. etc. All this does not mean I've stopped giving myself manicures, just that I've stopped telling you about them. So here is a collection of recent ones.

A theme that has emerged over the past couple of weeks is sparkles. I bought some various glitter polishes on a recent trip to Walgreens (kind of obsessed with Walgreens right now, to be honest), but really I've only used one of them: Sally Hansen's Disco Ball (on the right).


Also pictured: Sinful Colors' Fantasy

Recently I also added a new classic red to my collection, Color Club's Look Book. Here it is with a couple of coats of the glitter over it. I tried to layer so the glitter would be thickest at the bottom and thinnest at the top, but I'm not sure how discernable it is. I plan to work more on the graduated look in the future, probably not until my office is totally set up.


You can pretty much never go wrong with red nails. 
(At least according to my boyfriend.)

Something else I did was super-girly pink-on-pink with two pinks I bought last year when I was really into pink nails. (This was in part due to the influence of my guiltiest guilty pleasure TV show, the Bachelorette... Another post on that will possibly follow.) Adding to the effusive girlie-ness was, of course, a layer of sparkle on top. Not sure exactly why, but this look (minus the diagonals) really brought me back to 1996.


OMG pink!
Sinful Colors' Easy Going underneath Sinful Colors' Soul Mate

My third and most favorite of the sparkle looks was diagonal swipes of glitter (two coats) over Color Club's Status Update. Part of me thinks I just love this color for layering, since I also think it looks fab under gold. Brian invariably thinks it looks trashy, though, so there you go. There's no accounting for taste. 


You love it as much as I do, though, right?

Unfortunately with me there is no accounting for planning, either, since I put this polish on less than a day before I'd planned to help some friends of mine who are new parents clean their bathroom, so the look didn't last long. Oops.

Are you guys as into glitter this season as I am? What have your go-to manicure looks been so far this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment